Friday, May 16, 2008

Public Transit Routes for Denver and Boulder on Google Maps

Following a tip on Libnet today, I looked up the driving route from my home to work at Koelbel and found that Google Maps also gave me the best public transit route using RTD. I just selected that option on the left side of the page right under "Search Results". The map gave me the next three available departure times, the length of the trip in hours and minutes, and told me where to meet the bus and how far I'd need to walk to get there. Google Maps also lists the bus route numbers for maximum clarity.

Give it a try! See if you can get to work using RTD! If the bus doesn't reach your exact destination, the route and time it will take to walk to your trip's end is also included.

I understand that the whole Denver-Boulder metro area maps on Google now offer this option, and it's so easy to use! Besides finding routes that will work for you, I think our patrons will love this. It's so much easier than using the RTD bus route maps!



2 comments:

Amanda said...

I use google maps all the time and had no idea that was an option. That is awesome, I love it! Thanks for sharing. :)

pamela said...

I used this google maps/public transit service just last week, and have subsequently taken the bus from my home to CW!! Worked very well, and will save me money...